- 6 eggs
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large red bell peppers (capsicum), thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Chilli flakes to taste
- 2 cans of tomatoes (fresh tomatoes even better)
- Salt & pepper
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C with either three 16 cm Lodge skillets or one 30cm skillet.
- Heat oil in a medium size sauce pan over medium heat and fry onion and garlic until soft. Stir in bell pepper (capsicum), cumin, paprika and chilli flakes. Simmer for 15 mins. Pour in tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer until tomatoes have thickened.
- Remove the skillets from the oven and transfer the mixture equally (if multiple skillets are used). Note the skillets will be very hot.
- Create small pockets in the mixture and crack in the eggs. Sprinkle over the feta (or other cheeses if desired) and transfer the skillets back into the oven.
- Bake the eggs for 7-8 minutes (or depending on the desired "doneness" of egg). A special tip, as the cast iron retains heat, the egg will continue cooking even once removed from the oven so this should be factored in.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with salt, pepper and fresh parsley. Serve with sourdough bread.