Use & Care
Using your Seasoned Cast Iron:
- Foundry seasoned, ready to use upon purchase (for more information on seasoning, click here).
- Cook over any heat source (including induction).
- Oven safe.
- Durable cast iron can handle any type of utensil - even metal.
To care for your Seasoned Cast Iron:
- Hand wash and dry immediately—even before first use.
- Rub with a light coat of vegetable oil after every wash.
- How much oil? Enough to restore the sheen, without being “sticky”. Why? To keep the iron “seasoned” and protected from moisture.
- It's okay to use a little soap when needed, just make sure you dry thoroughly and apply a little oil afterwards.
For more information on how to care, clean, restore and enjoy your Lodge Cast Iron, please visit the Use & Care section.