Use & Care
Using your Seasoned Cast Iron:
- Foundry seasoned, ready to use upon purchase (for more information on seasoning, click here)
- Use on all cooking surfaces (including induction), grills and open flames.
- Oven safe.
- Sauté, sear, fry, bake, grill and stir fry to heart’s content.
To care for your Seasoned Cast Iron:
- Hand wash and dry immediately—even before first use.
- Rub with a light coat of vegetable oil after every wash.
- How much oil? Enough to restore the sheen, without being “sticky”. Why? To keep the iron “seasoned” and protected from moisture.
- It's okay to use a little soap when needed, just make sure you dry thoroughly and apply a little oil afterwards.
For more information on how to care, clean, restore and enjoy your Lodge Cast Iron, please visit the Use & Care section.