This will become a new favourite marinade. This tandoori yogurt recipe envelopes your chicken with spice and flavour while keeping the meat juicy.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken legs
- 170 grams Greek yogurt
- 6 teaspoons lemon juice
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- Combine marinade ingredients with a whisk. Coat each piece of chicken well with marinade. Cover and refrigerate, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Preheat Dutch oven base over medium-high heat on the stovetop, 3-5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the Dutch oven and place chicken pieces in, skin-side down. Sear for 3-5 minutes.
- Flip chicken and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Brush with melted butter halfway through.
- Continue cooking for 15 minutes or until chicken reaches 75°C. Serve with rice and naan, garnish with sliced lemon and parsley.