- 500g spaghetti
- 4 eggs
- 220g pancetta, diced
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated
- ½ cup frozen peas (optional)
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Bring 5-6 litres of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente, as per the pack instructions. Reserve ½ cup of the water, then drain.
- Heat a 26cm Skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add the pancetta and cook until crispy, 3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Separately, whisk the eggs and the cheese together in a small bowl.
- Turn the skillet back on to medium and add ¼ cup of reserved pasta water and peas. Add the spaghetti to the pan and toss.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the egg mixture. Stir quickly until the eggs begin to thicken the sauce. Add more reserve pasta water as desired.
- Season with cracked black pepper and salt. Serve immediately.