Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner, this delicious Smoked Salmon Frittata made in our 26cm Skillet will become a firm favourite.
- 4 spring onions, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, roughly chopped
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup of whole milk
- 120g smoked salmon
- 85g cream cheese, softened, pulled into pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Roughly chop the white and light green parts of the spring onions. If desired, slice the dark green parts of 2 spring onions, and set aside for the garnish.
- Warm the oil in a Lodge 26cm skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and white and light green parts of the spring onion, sprinkle lightly with salt, and season generously with pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until well blended. Pour into the skillet. Scatter the salmon pieces and bits of cream cheese all over the top of the frittata. Season with more pepper if desired. Cook the frittata on the stove without stirring for 3 minutes, then transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake until the frittata is nearly set in the centre, about 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven to low grill, and let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the reserved spring onion greens, if desired; cut into wedges, and serve.