This recipe was made in a 30cm chef skillet from the Lodge Chef Collection range, but can be made in a classic 30cm Lodge skillet too.
- 1 & ½ sheets Savoury Short Pastry or your favourite homemade savoury pastry recipe
- 3-4 medium courgette, sliced to 5mm thickness
- 4 spring onion, ends trimmed
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (plus 1 tablespoon for topping)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C. Season courgette and spring onions with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Roast the zucchini and scallions, 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool, 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 200°C. Chop scallions.
- Remove the pastry from the refrigerator and roll the dough until it is about 3mm thick (35cm in diameter). Roll pastry into a 30cm Skillet (the edges should hang over quite a bit). Brush the bottom of the pie dough with olive oil and sprinkle with cheese and chopped spring onions.
- Start in the centre and place the zucchini slices in a slightly overlapping circular pattern. Fold the edges over to form the crust
- Brush the crust with egg wash and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese. Bake until the crust is golden brown, 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before slicing.