This is a super quick (cheat) recipe to use up what you have in your fridge. Additions to this stir fry could include fresh pineapple, tofu, broccoli, capsicum, carrots, asparagus, snow peas, regular peas and more!
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sambal or sriracha
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 ramen spice packets
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 500 grams of meat or seafood
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chili, thinly sliced
- 2 cups leafy greens, frozen or fresh, mustard greens, spinach, kale, or cabbage
- 2 packs instant ramen noodles
- 1 bunch of spring onions, cut in 1cm tubes
- 5 sprigs of coriander, leaves diced, stems chopped
- 1 lime, cut in half
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the sauce and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a hot wok, add oil and brown your meat.
- Add garlic and chilli. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- If you are adding additional ingredients, add them next.
- Add greens. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate pot, bring water to a boil.
- Boil ramen noodles to packet specifications. Usually, 2 minutes for al dente.
- When noodles have 1 minute left to boil, turn wok back on to high heat and add spring onions.
- Remove noodles from water, drain thoroughly, and add too wok. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add sauce and stir fry for additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add coriander, and a squeeze 1/2 of lime over top.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.