The epitome of a one-pot meal, this dish has prawns for protein, capsicum sauce for vegetables, and crispy potatoes for carbs. A little zing from cayenne and lime make this dinner multifaceted.
6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
¼ cup tomato paste (preferably not concentrated)
2 medium red capsicums, stemmed, seeded, chopped
4 lime zest strips, approximately 5cm long
4 cloves of garlic
½ teaspoon onion salt
¼ teaspoon cayenne
2 tablespoons lime juice
500grams of baby potatoes, halved
350grams of prawns, peeled and ideally deveined & butterflied
1 teaspoon lime zest, for garnish
Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- In a skillet, heat 4 tablespoons of oil. Add tomato paste and cook down until caramelised, 5 to 6 minutes. Add capsicums, zest strips, garlic and sweat until capsicums are soft, 10 to 12 minutes. Add onion salt and cayenne and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture to a high-speed blender. While the motor is running, stream in remaining oil and lime juice.
- In a mixing bowl, toss potatoes with ½ of the red capsicum sauce, and transfer to a skillet. Roast in the oven until potatoes are crispy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- In the same mixing bowl, toss the prawns with the remaining sauce. After the potatoes have cooked 20-25 minutes, push the potatoes to one side of the pan and lay the prawns evenly on the other side.
- Change the oven setting to grill on high. Add the pan back in the oven and cook until prawns are cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
Garnish with lime zest and serve with salad if desired.
Credit:The Culinistas & Lodge Cast Iron USA