- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (or ½ teaspoon dried garlic)
- 2 ice cubes
- Dissolve salt and sugar in the water and soak chicken for 30-60 minutes. (Careful not to soak too long, which can make the meat taste too salty!)
- Preheat a Square Cast Iron Grill Pan on medium-high for 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Drain chicken, pat dry, and rub with olive oil, garlic, and pepper.
- Sear chicken for 2 minutes on each side. Add ice cubes to the pan and move to the oven. Cook for 18-20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 75°C.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest 5 minutes before cutting.