- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chrushed
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 225g pancetta (or bacon if you can't source pancetta), diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 600-700g baby potatoes
- ¼ cup salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to a high 230+°C.
- In a pot, cover potatoes with salted water and bring to a boil, 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, cut a pocket in each chicken breast horizontally about 5-7cm wide. Season chicken with garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Preheat a 30cm skillet (we've used the Blacklock 30cm Skillet here) over medium high heat.
- Add pancetta and brown until crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Drain potatoes and toss with olive oil, garlic, thyme, and season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the chicken breasts with the reserved pancetta.
- Add oil to the skillet and sear the chicken, skin-side down, 5-6 minutes. Place boiled potatoes under seared chicken in your 30cm skillet and bake, 20 minutes. Flip chicken skin-side up and roast for an additional 6-8 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon over the chicken and potatoes. Serve with a salad.