We have used the Chef Collection Everyday Pan with glass lid to make this delicious meal.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions
- 2 large bunches of silverbeet or chard
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (you can use the sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce or a Chipotle sauce like Culley's at your local supermarket)
- ¼ cup honey
- 6 small salmon fillets
- ¼ cup cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Pumpkin seeds, coriander, jalapeno peppers and lime for garnish
- Finely dice one and a half onions; slice the remaining half into large rings (approx 2cm wide). Chop the silverbeet or chard to your liking, keeping the leaves and stems separate.
- Gradually heat your 30cm pan/skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, then add butter and diced onion.
- Saute until translucent, then add silverbeet/chard stems and cook another two minutes.
- Add chicken stock and a big pinch of salt, then start folding in chopped silverbeet/chard leaves one large handful at a time.
- Pat salmon dry and season it with salt and pepper.
- Place 6 onion rings on top of the greens, set the salmon fillet on top of each (this will keep the salmon elevated and allow for even steaming). Cover the pan/skillet and steam for 6-8minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.
- Remove salmon (carefully) and discard onion rings. Mix 2 tablespoons adobo sauce with honey and brush onto the salmon.
- Stir sour cream and cream into the greens. Place salmon fillets back on top and garnish with herbs, pumpkin seeds and a lime to squeeze over top.