Steamed clams in a garlic and white wine sauce is an easy one-pot meal or starter that is ready in just 15 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ cup fish or chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1kg clams
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook until golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in white wine, stock, butter, chilli flakes, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- Add clams and cover for 4 minutes, or until they start to open. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.