- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock (or vegetarian)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1kg clams (place all the clams in a bowl and fill it with cool tap water if you need to get rid of the sand. Let stand for 20mins to an hour)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven (we have used the Blacklock Dutch oven) over medium heat, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook until golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in white wine, stock, butter, chilli flakes, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- Add clams and cover for 4 minutes, or until they start to open. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with a fresh baguette and butter.