This Easy Creamy Cajun Pasta recipe is made with Chorizo sausage, red and green capsicum, and covered in a decadent cream sauce. If you enjoy spicy, this easy seafood pasta definitely has a kick!
- 250grams linguine pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 450grams raw prawns, deveined, shells removed
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, divided
- 120grams Chorizo sausage, sliced into 2cm pieces
- 1/2 cup red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 cup green capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 120grams cream cheese, chunked
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Follow the instructions on the packaging for how to cook the pasta.
- Place the prawns in a bowl along with 1/2 tablespoon of Cajun Seasoning.
- Heat your cast iron skillet or pan on medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the pan.
- When hot, add the prawns to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until it turns bright pink. Remove the prawns and set aside.
- Add an additional teaspoon of olive oil to the pan along with the chopped Chorizo sausage, onions, green and red capsicums.
- Sauté for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are soft and the onions are translucent and fragrant. Remove the sausage and vegetables from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat on the pan to medium (you might have to take off the heat completely to cool a little as cast iron retains heat). Add the butter to the pan and allow it to melt.
- Add in the heavy cream, almond milk, cream cheese, the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning, and parmesan cheese.
- Continue to stir the sauce until all of the cheese has fully melted. The cream cheese may take some time to melt.
- Add the prawns, sausage, vegetables, and pasta to the pan and stir. Allow the mixture to cook for 4-5 minutes until combined.
- Sprinkle a little dried chilli over top to garnish for an extra kick.