- 4 large chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For Garlic & Herb Sauce:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 sprigs rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 2 sprigs thyme, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup cream
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Gradually heat cast iron pan to medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on the stovetop while you prep chicken.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and place in a medium bowl. Toss with salt, pepper and garlic powder, then sprinkle both sides with cornflour.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pre-heated pan. Place chicken in your Lodge skillet skin side down and cook 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Flip chicken and place in the preheated oven. Cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pan and place the pan with the oil from the chicken over medium heat. Add minced garlic, shallot, and chilli flakes (optional) to the pan and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add unsalted butter and allow to melt. Add rosemary, thyme, and chicken broth. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in cream. Allow pan sauce to simmer for 7-10 minutes until thickened. Place chicken thighs back in pan.
- Spoon the creamy garlic sauce over the chicken for serving, add salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with fresh herbs.