This classic recipe for pancakes is delicious when cooked on the stove top, or even on the BBQ with a Lodge griddle.
Recipe makes 8 American style pancakes.
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 ¼ cups milk
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup fresh blueberries
½ cup chopped pecans
Maple Syrup to serve
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add the milk, egg, and butter and mix until just combined.
- Preheat a griddle on your BBQ or stove top over medium heat.
- Add butter, oil, or non-stick spray to the griddle, then drop about ¼ cup of batter for each pancake.
- Add desired amounts of fruit and nuts (or whatever you like) at this point.
- Cook until bubbles begin to rise and pop in the batter (about 3-4 minutes), flip the pancake and cook until golden on the bottom.